JOB TITLE: City Design and Construction Engineer
SALARY: $7,332 to $8,500 DOE
CLOSING: Open until filled
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Major function and purpose:
This individual performs a full range of civil/municipal engineering duties such as design, engineering, field work, surveying, drafting, permit processing, inspections, enforcement and assessment. Manages various capital and maintenance projects including budgeting, scheduling, administration and staffing.
Positions in this classification are considered technical experts regarding the project and construction management and the design, construction, and rehabilitation of infrastructure systems. Interact with other jurisdictions and agencies, functioning as representatives of the city. Assist with the development of regional strategies and programs related to the area of assignment.
To view the complete job description, click here.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible public works or civil engineering experience with at least five years of project management experience.
- Possession of a valid Washington State Professional Engineering (PE) License.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- Completion, within one year of employment, of National Incident Management System ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-300 and ICS-700 classes.
To be considered, applicants must submit a completed city of Sultan application of employment, resume and cover letter. To have an application packet mailed to you, please call 360.793.2231 or pick up a packet at City Hall, 319 Main Street #200; Sultan WA or go to our website at Sultan.
To review the job announcement, please click here.