Does your project need a permit?
Permit requirements depend on the scope of your project or location related constraints. Please visit the City website at http://ci.sultan.wa.us/ for information regarding permissible uses for all zoning districts, setbacks, land use and building permit requirements and applications.
- Overview. Whether you are a homeowner, small business owner or contractor, the process to obtain a permit will depend on the scope of your project.
- Types of Permits/Approvals. Find out what type of permit/approval you need or whether you even need a permit/approval for your project.
- Relevant Documents. Useful information that can help clarify building regulations, assist you with design specifications, and provide helpful building tips and more.
Why do you need permits?
- It’s the law. State building codes require that permits be obtained for certain types of work. Permits provide a legal record of work performed.
- Permits protect you, your family and your investment (they are designed to help ensure that licensed contractors do the work when required.)
- Inspections ensure that work is done safely and that it meets the minimum code requirements.
- Minor problems that could lead to costly repairs, liability and life/safety issues can be detected during permit inspections and brought to your attention before the situation worsens.
- When selling property, the buyer, realtor and/or lender may require that unpermitted work be corrected, properly permitted and inspected before closing.
- Lack of permits and inspection approvals may void homeowner’s insurance.
Where can I get a permit?
Visit City Hall at 319 Main Street, 2nd Floor or by calling the Planning Department at 360.793.2231. Permit Applications are below.
2018 Rate Schedule (Fee Resolution)-Click Here
Type 1 Permit Application (Master Building Permit)-Click Here
Building (Residential) Complete Packet-Click Here
Commercial & Multi-Family Complete Packet-Click Here
2018 Impact, Water and Sewer Fees-Click Here
Home Occupation Affidavit-Click Here
Mechanical and Plumbing Complete Packet-Click Here
Mechanical (only) Complete Packet-Click Here
Plumbing (only) Complete Packet-Click Here
Pre-Application Conference Request Form-Click Here
Special Events Permit-Click Here
Type 1 Roof Permit-Click Here
Sign Permit Packet-Click Here
Right of Way Use Application-Click Here
Grading Permit Application-Click Here
Flood Development Permit Application-Click Here
Fence Permit Application-Click Here
Roof Permit Application-Click Here
Driveway Permit Application-Click Here
If the Permit application you are looking for is not listed please contact Cyd Donk, Assistant Planner at 360.793.1099.