If you know of a possible code violation in Sultan, you can file a complaint here (insert link) You can also contact Victoria Forte at 360.793.2272.
Code Compliance officers respond to your concerns about:
- Litter on Private Property: Dumpsters overflowing with garbage; illegal dumping of garbage.
- Construction Codes: Construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and clearing and grading work without permits; abandoned and dangerous buildings.
- Junk Vehicles: Vehicles on private property that are inoperable (i.e., flat tire, extensive damage, missing major parts).
- Home Occupations: Businesses conducted in a residence without a Home Occupation permit.
- Land Use Violations: Violations of zoning and development regulations (i.e., business located in a non-permitted zone, intrusions into required setbacks, keeping of non-permitted animals on property).
- Noise: Stationary noise from heat pumps, air conditioners, etc. Note: Construction noise violations are enforced by the Sultan Police Department.
- Nuisances: Appliances, debris and junk on private property.
- Recreational Vehicles, Boats, Trailers: Violations of storage restrictions on residential property.
- Signs: All signs must be approved by the Planning Department. Temporary and A-board signs are permitted only in special circumstances for a limited period of time.
- Fences: All Fences over 3 feet in height shall be approved by the Planning Department. Failure to obtain a fence permit may result in a removal of the fence in the instance it does not meet current codes.