The HAP includes several key components, as listed below:
- Housing Needs Assessment (HNA): A HNA involves compiling various data sources to create a baseline demographic picture of a community. completed in the spring of 2022
- Housing Policy Framework Review
- Community Engagement: Grant requirements prescribe that residents and community members are given opportunities to provide input for this plan. late spring and summer of 2022
- Draft Housing Action Plan (HAP): A draft HAP will be written and presented following the community outreach. This draft will incorporate community feedback, policy and code recommendations.
- Review and Adoption: A formal review and public hearings processes will allow the HAP to be adopted by the grant mandated deadline of June 2023.