Water Conservation Tips
Water conservation measures are an important first step in protecting our water supply. Such measures not only save the supply of our source water, but also can save you money by reducing your water bill.
Summer Watering Schedule
To reduce peak demand during the summer months, all City of Sultan water customers are required to follow an outdoor watering schedule. Learn about the mandatory watering schedule and find out which days of the week are your watering days.
2023 Summer Watering Schedule
While most of us enjoy having a lush, green landscape during the height of our outdoor activities, large numbers of people watering at the same time can cause stress to the water-distribution system. Alternating our outdoor watering days helps conserve valuable water resources and assists your water utility in meeting peak summer demands.
Conserve in Your Home
Measures you can use inside your home include:
- Fix leaking faucets, pipes, toilets, etc.
- Replace old fixtures. Install water-saving devices in showers, faucets, toilets, and appliances.
- Wash only full loads of laundry in top loading machines. Front loaders usually have sensors to add the correct amount of water.
- Do not use the toilet for trash disposal.
- Take short showers instead of baths. A standard bathtub holds 24 gallons of water. The average 8-minute shower uses just over 17 gallons. Five minutes showers use even less.
- Soak dishes before washing.
- Run the dishwasher only when full.
- When upgrading/replacing appliances, purchase energy-efficient ones.
Measures you can use outdoors include:
- Water the lawn and garden in the early morning or evening.
- Use mulch around plants and shrubs.
- Repair leaks in faucets and hoses.
- Use water-saving nozzles.
- Use a hose with a shut-off nozzle along with a bucket of soapy water to wash your car.
- Clean driveways and sidewalks with a broom; don’t use water.
Information on other ways you can help conserve water can be found on the Environmental Protection Agency's Water Sense website.
319 Main Street
Sultan, WA 98294
319 Main Street Suite 200 Sultan WA 98294
Phone: (360) 793-2231Fax: (360) 793-3344
Monday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Report an Issue
Let the City know about problems with roads, parks, and more by submitting an online service request.