Our mission is to enhance the quality of life of Sultan’s residents and visitors by promoting and managing quality land use developments and construction projects
- Actively seek out opportunities to assist existing businesses to grow, prosper, and provide ever better services and products to their customers
- Actively promote Sultan as a location for quality new businesses to locate, become profitable, and provide services to the community
The Planning Department is dedicated to carrying out the community’s vision through:
- Consistent, courteous, and personalized customer service
- Supporting economic vitality
- Protecting the environment
- Ensuring a great quality of life
The Department is responsible for administering the Zoning Code, Critical Area Regulations, Shoreline Master Program, Storm Water Management Manual, as well as, several other codes that are used by the City and development community to ensure that the natural and built environments are healthy, safe, and reflect the communities’ vision.
We are continuously updating various chapters and sections of the Sultan Municipal Code. To see what changes are in progress please visit the Planning Board page for agendas and attachments.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Floodplain Map (PDF)
- Snohomish County Online Property Information Map
- Official Zoning Map - 12.2019 (PDF)
Planning Hours of Operation
Regular business hours are:
Monday - Friday - Until further notice, please check with City Staff.
Comprehensive Plan Amendments due December 31, 2020.
Comprehensive Plan Amendments
The Comprehensive Plan is the major policy document which guides the City’s decision-making processes. Every year, the City provides a period where applications from individuals and groups from outside of the City can proposed changes to the Comprehensive Plan. Changes to the Comprehensive Plan are largely limited to one change per year, so we require that all requests for changes from the public be submitted prior to December 31, 2020. If you would like to apply, please fill out the Comprehensive Plan Amendment Request Form and submit it to Cyd Donk prior to the deadline.
Comprehensive Plan Docket Schedule
- Applications from the public and outside agencies are accepted until December 31, 2020.
- Staff will review all the applications and present them as well as any City initiated changes to Council no later than April 1, 2021
- The accepted changes will then be reviewed by the Planning Board before a Public Hearing where the board will draft a recommendation to the City Council.
- City Council will then consider the changes and hold a second Public Hearing. After a Public Hearing the Council can choose to adopt any of the proposed changes.
Permit Application Appointments
Applications are accepted by appointment only. Please call 360-793-1099 to schedule an appointment to submit for all land use permit and building applications. To submit for a permit, please call Cyd Donk at 360-793-1099 or email Cyd.
Appointments can be scheduled Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
We cannot accept your applications unless you have a scheduled appointment. We appreciate your assistance!